Here are some of the best UK scholarship possibilities available to overseas students who desire to study in the United Kingdom each year. Are you considering where to get your higher education from?
Maybe you have always loved to travel to the UK.
UK degrees get respected and recognized internationally, making it a perfect option for students wanting to get higher education.
Here’s everything that you need to know about the best UK scholarships.
Best UK Scholarship
UK universities have a silent rule: the higher the education quality is, the higher the cost will be.
Education from the UK is not cheap; it can be especially more expensive for international students.
The students have to cover their studies and their living costs in the UK.
However, there are the best UK scholarship programs for international students, which are generous and the best you can find.
If you are a top student, with amazing achievements in education, no need to delay and start applying for scholarships in the UK.
This article will give information on the best UK scholarship programs for international students.
Types of Best UK Scholarship Programs
There are two different types of Scholarship programs in the UK.
- Governmental Scholarship program: Scholarships given by the UK government to international students
- Non-governmental Scholarship Programs: Scholarships provided by individual universities in the UK to the international students
Below we have provided scholarship information from both types for you to see.
Governmental Best UK Scholarship
The UK government awards these scholarships to students who have excelled academically and have shown strong leadership potential.
The main scholarship program from the UK government, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, is the Chevening scholarships.
They offer around 1,500 scholarships to students all over the world. International students can choose any Masters’ Degree Program from any UK University for this scholarship.
The Chevening scholarship covers everything from the studies, living, and travel costs for the international student.
- You have to be a Chevening -eligible country
- Have an undergraduate degree
- 2 years work experience
- Meet the English Requirement.
Commonwealth Scholarship program got created by the UK government to over students from 53 countries- previous British colonies- a chance to study in the UK.
The tuition fees, living costs, and airline fare, with other allowances, get covered with this scholarship.
Commonwealth scholarships can get applied for:
- One-year Master/equivalent course
- 3-4 years Doctoral degrees
The students studying the following subject can get this scholarship:
- Engineering & Technology
- Theoretical and Applied Science
- Humanities and Social Sciences
Non-Governmental Best UK Scholarship
Gates Cambridge Scholarships
International Students wanting to study for a full-time postgraduate degree at the University of Cambridge can apply for this scholarship. They offer 80 Scholarships every year.
This scholarship will cover the tuition fee, travel cost, visa, maintenance allowance, and other discrete funding.
Students wanting to get a Ph.D., MSC or MLitt, or any one-year post-graduate course can apply.
Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships
Thirty scholarships get awarded to international students by the University of Edinburgh.
Students wanting to do the Ph.D. program for any field can apply.
The scholarship reduces the tuition fee difference but does not cover maintenance expenses.
Rhodes House Scholarships
This scholarship is the oldest and most prestigious scholarship program in the world.
It is for students wanting to study at the University of Oxford.
94 students get picked each year. The scholarship covers all the tuition fees, a yearly allowance, for the students to pay for all living costs and airline costs.
MBA Skoll Scholarship
The Said School Business of the University of Oxford awards this scholarship for international students wanting to get their Master’s Degree.
The scholarship is for students who are not UK citizens and have experience in an enterprise for at least a year.
The scholarship will cover all the study costs and essential maintenance costs.
Other University Scholarships
Other universities that will cover all the tuition fees and living expenses of international students are:
- University Prize Scholarships at University of Sheffield: For Ph.D. students
- International Scholarships at University of Westminster: For Master programs
- Global Development Scholarship by University of Bradford: For Masters Program (Not MBA)
- Richard ANTWI Scholarship from University of Westminster: For MA in Music/Business Management
- Weidenfeld-Hoffman at University of Oxford: For Graduate programs
- MBA Skoll Scholarships: For Master degree students
- UK Scholarships from British Council: For Bachelor or a Master degree in the UK
- Denys Holland Scholarship: For Foreign Undergraduate Scholars
- Bristol University Scholarships: For prospective foreign undergraduate students
- Kingston University London Scholarships: For Undergraduate or Postgraduate course at this university
- University of Sussex International Scholarships: For Non-EU students attending a full-time Taught Postgraduate program
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program
- International Undergraduate Engineering Scholarship
- MBA Scholarships at Brunel University
- Cardiff University Scholarships
There are many other scholarships, but these cover all costs and are best going when it comes to scholarships in the UK for international students.
Before applying, ensure you visit the Universities educational websites and do all the needed research.