Drug treatment centers have designed rules and policies that allow a swift and efficient recovery for addicts. Due to the nature and level of addiction experienced in different individuals, certain elements can cause damage, hurt or severe cases that may harm their health.
While visiting a treatment facility, knowing what to bring along and what not to carry is essential to avoid risking substance use relapse for you and your loved one.
What to Bring To A Drug Treatment Centre
1. Appropriate Clothing and Accessories
The type of clothing and accessories you should bring include
- Clothing that is free from drug-related or offensive language references
- Shower shoes,
- Sneakers for outdoor activities
- Jewelry that holds meaning to you, such as a wedding ring, watch
Additionally, drug treatment centers near me recommend that you should not bring expensive luxurious wear and valuables that require you to take off and lose during treatment.
2. Toiletry and Hygiene Products
Most drug treatment centers near me recommend that you come along with toiletries and hygiene products that are unopened and alcohol-free. Such products include a toothbrush, toothpaste, alcohol-free mouthwash, face wash, moisturizer, Shampoo and conditioner, and lotions.
3. Prescription Medications
If you have a health issue that requires taking medications regularly, ensure that you bring it along when coming to the treatment center. These medications include
- Prescription medications in the original packaging
- Liquid medicines, while new and unopened
- Vitamins, minerals, and supplements while sealed.
Additionally, ensure you carry a list of prescribed medications and dosages for each to help your medical team know how to deal with your case. However, you may not have access to them after checking in.
Some medications and supplements may not be allowed in the center; hence visit any drug treatment centers near me to be better informed of what type of medicines and supplements to carry.
4. Reading and Writing Materials
Notebooks, sketchbooks, journals, and holy books are acceptable in the facility as they will keep you occupied throughout the period. However, ask any drug treatment centers near me for the necessary and proper books to bring along.
What Not To Bring to A Drug Treatment Centre
A treatment center is focused on ensuring that you heal and recover to lead an everyday life; hence some items are forbidden in the facility as they can distract your recovery journey. The items you are not allowed to bring to the treatment center include
- Drugs and related items such as alcohol, cigarettes, vaping devices, illicit drug
- Products containing alcohol as an ingredient such as mouthwash, hand sanitizer, polish remover
- Aerosol products such as hair sprays or cleaning products
- Weapons including pocket knives
- Food and drinks
If you wish to visit drug treatment centers near me, ensure that you adhere to the guidelines and follow the strict rules of the things not to bring along. Furthermore, this is for the good of your healing journey.
A drug treatment center is primarily focused on providing the best care and recovery treatment services to addicts needed for their recovery; hence being cautious and aware of what to bring and not to carry to the facility is vital.