Imagine Playing COD and facing the dev error 6068 error. You are here because you’re looking for a solution to fix the dev error 6068 error, so you can continue playing your beloved game. Right?
Who does not know of COD(CALL OF DUTY)?
The most popular game these days is COD. It is a first-person shooter game, part of the AAA games.
However, similar to any other video game COD is now facing some errors.
Many gamers have reported on the dev error 6068 issue they are facing. This error occurs when you turn the game on or after a few minutes when you’re in gameplay.
The frustrating thing is, if you are playing and you encounter the dev error 6068, then the game will shut down automatically and send you back to your desktop.
The dev error 6068 occurs in the game with the following notification:
Also read: DEV Error 6068
DirectX encountered an unrecoverable error.
Ti contact customer service support goes to http://support.activision.com/modernwarfare/”
Once you experience this notification, your game will freeze or crash.
We have created this article to give you an insight into this error and solutions on how you can fix it.
Therefore continue reading and find the solution that works for you to get rid of this annoying dev error 6068.
Reasons Behind Dev Error 6068
Our research found that dev error 6068 is more of a software issue and not much of a hardware issue.
Some common issues and solutions you should view before going to the most specific problems and solutions include:
- Using multiple displays, if you are, then switch to only using one show.
- Ensure your computer meets the RAM speed requirement of 3000MHz.
- Ensure your internet is fast and stable in speed.
Other causes for dev error 6068 for which we have given solutions below include:
- If you have installed a corrupt DirectX.
- If you’re using an outdated version of Windows
- Have non-optimal settings
Such issues can make COD crash and freeze and show the dev error 6068.
Fix #1 Easy Solutions to fix the COD(CALL OF DUTY) Dev Error 6068
Solution#1 Update Windows/System
If you’re using an older version of Windows, it can be why you’re facing the dev error 6068.
Updating Windows and systems will hopefully with the dev error 6068. Furthermore, it will also fix any issues that DirectX may be causing.
Follow the below steps to update Windows:
- Click on Start on your screen or the Windows Key
- Type Updates on the search bar
- Select Check For Updates
- The Settings window will open. Click on Check for Updates
- If it shows updates are available, then download them.
- Also, download and install Windows Update Assistant
- Open the files downloaded and follow the instructions to complete the process.
To update the system:
- Go to your manufacturer’s website
- Check the latest version they have for the system
- If you don’t have that system, download it following the instructions.
Once you update both the Windows/ System, then restart your computer.
Reopen your game and see if you still encounter the dev error 6068.
Fix #2 Re-update COD(CALL OF DUTY)
If you recently updated COD and after it, you started facing the dev error 6068, it can mean there was a problem in the installation.
To solve this issue delete all Call of Duty main files on the Warefare installation folder and re-update it.
Follow the steps below to re-update:
- Close running Call of Duty
- Go to the Call of Duty Warfare Installation folder (You can often find it in the C:\Program Files (x86) or the file your installations go to).
- Open the Call of Duty Modern Warefare Installation Folder
- Apart from the Blizzardbrowser, Data, and Main folder, delete every other file.
- Relaunch COD from Battle.net
- It will show your game needs updating.
- Update by following the instructions they give you.
Once it gets updated, reopen the game and see if the dev error 6068 occurs or not.
If it does, then do to the next solution.
Fix #3 Run your game as an Administrator:
Many gamers do not know when to run COD at times; the game needs to get run by the administrator to obtain some files and services.
If those files do not get obtained by the admin, it can cause the dev error 6068.
Therefore, running COD as an Administrator can help solve the dev error 6068.
To do so, follow the below steps:
- Open Battle.net Launcher
- Open Call of Duty
- Click Options
- Click Show in Explorer
- In the folder of Call of Duty, look for the Call of Duty file (the one with the .exe extension) and right-click it
- In the menu, after right-clicking, select Run As An Administrator
Once done, open COD and see if the dev error 6068 got solved.
Fix #4 Set the COD’s Process High
Changing your computer management system is not a good approach. However, it can help to fix the dev error 6068.
Why? It is because some games like COD need a higher priority.
Therefore, changing the COD’s process can solve the dev error 6068.
To do so, follow the below steps:
- Right-click on the Task Bar
- Select Task Manager
- Find Call of Duty and Right-click
- Select Go To Details
- When the detail tab opens, right-click the Call of Duty process
- In the menu, it shows, click Priority
- In the sub-menu select High
Check the game, and see if the dev error 6068 occurs.
Fix #5 Scan and Repair the Game Files:
The dev error 6068 can appear on COD if its game files are defective.
Therefore, scanning the game files and repairing the defective ones can help solve the error 6069 on COD.
You can do that by following the below steps:
- Open Battle.net launcher
- Click on Call of Duty
- Click Options, under its name
- Select Scan and Repair
- Click Begin Scan
The game files will be scanned, and any missing or corrupted files will be downloaded.
Once the scan and repair process finishes, open COD and check if the dev error 6068 got solved.
Fix #6 Modify Video Memory Scale
A way to fix dev error 6068 is by adjusting the video memory scale.
What does that mean?
It means changing the video memory scale value.
You can do that by:
- Open File Explorer
- Click on Documents
- Go to Call of Duty Modern Warfare > Players
- Open the adv-options.ini file using Notepad
- Search for the Video Memory Scale line
- Change the value to 0.5
- Save changes
Reopen COD and check if the dev error 6068 appears or not.
Fix #7 Lower the FPS of the game
Reducing the Frames Per Second of a game like COD Warzone is not the solution to fixing the dev error 6068.
However, if you are frustrated by the dev error 6068 and are ready to try anything, why not try this solution.
The error may occur because your device can not manage the FPS Settings.
To reduce the FPS:
- Open Nvidia Control Panel
- Go to Manage 3D Settings
- Select Program Settings
- Click on COD
- Set Vertical sync to Adaptive Half Refresh Rate
- Confirm the changes
Restart the game and check if it solves the dev error 6068.
If you use all the solutions we have mentioned above and still encounter the dev error 6068, the last option would be to uninstall and reinstall.
Yes, gamers, we know how annoying it can be not to be able to enjoy your game without it freezing or crashing. If any of our solutions helped you, then do let us know. Moreover, let us know if you find a solution that worked for you to fix the dev error 6068 on COD.